Girly Bits - April Polishes of the Month



Back in June 2013 when I decided I wanted to start blogging, the thought that brands would ever want to work with me was something that never even crossed my mind.  Blogging was (still is) a fun hobby and a way to share my love of all things colour with the world.  Though, if someone had asked me if I could have picked one brand that would have been 'the one' to work with, Girly Bits would have been it.  So you can imagine my excitement when Pam of Girly Bits reached out about swatching the April Polish of the Month duo.  This blog post is a little bit of a full circle moment for me.

Each month, Girly Bits releases two colours that are available for one month before they're gone for good.  Each of these polishes are not yet named, because Pam allows for her fan group to suggest names for the polish.  Once they are officially named, I will pop back to edit the post.

Polish #1



Polish #1 is described as a mid-tone pink/purple orchid creme.  On some people, this will lean more to the pink side and on others it will lean more purple.  For me, it went more towards the purple side.  You know, creme polishes really are such a classy and simple look that pack a huge punch.  Before I knew what an indie was, all I wore were mainstream cremes and a polish like this brings me back to my early days.


I used two coats of Polish #1 for the coverage you see here. It's smooth and shiny on its own, though I did at a coat of top coat to help protect the polish from chips and daily wear. The consistency is such that it allows the polish to level on its own.


Polish #2



Polish #2 is described as white crelly base with a rose gold shimmer throughout, with scattered holographic twinkles, and ultrachrome flakes in pink, purple, and gold.  *Deep breath* This polish is indie polish perfection.  Everything that I love about indie nail polish can be found in this one bottle.  The crelly, milky vase, the shimmer that peeks through, and the flakes. How the colour perfectly matches the inspiration photo.  How delicate it is while still be a 'Wow!' polish.  I love everything about it.


I used two coats for full opacity. I was convinced that it would need three, seeing that it's a white crelly and my nail line is so strong, but I was wrong.  I allowed each coat to dry a little bit before adding the next in order to prevent dragging.


This duo will be available starting on April 1st through Girly Bits. For the first ten days, they can be bought together for a discounted price of $29.50 CAD. After that, they are available separately. Polish #1 will be priced at $15CAD and Polish #2 will go for $16.50 CAD. 

Will you be grabbing these perfect-for-Spring lovelies?





Girly Bits



2 comments

  1. Ahhh you are so sweet to say that!! It's been my pleasure to work with you, and I LOVE your swatches. I am glad that you picked up on the juxtaposition of my choice of finishes for this months duo. Cremes are a personal love of mine, and while not inherently 'indie' they have become a favourite of many of my customers due to the fact that many of my cremes are close to one coaters and stamp well, and most are shiny. This one in particular was not formulated specifically to stamp, but it will. And of course the classic 'indie polish'; complex, multi-finish, shifting shimmer, and flakies!!
    Thanks for the great swatches and review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a personal milestone! Your swatches are lovely!

    ReplyDelete